About the Firm
Greensboro Criminal Defense Lawyers Fight for Clients’ Rights
Dedicated North Carolina firm handles federal and state court actions
If you face criminal charges, you’re entitled to legal representation, but if you don’t have a qualified defense lawyer who’s successfully challenged the police and prosecution, you might not be able to fight the charges effectively. Coalter Law, PLLC in Greensboro focuses on defending North Carolina clients in felony, misdemeanor and traffic cases. Our attorneys have achieved strong results for people throughout Guilford County and the surrounding areas in trials, appeals and plea agreements involving a wide array of allegations. We are aggressive, focused litigators who will not only explain your legal rights in detail but will also advise you on issues related to the charges against you, such as potential immigration consequences and school discipline.
Guilford County attorneys provide strong support in trials and appeals
Since opening, our firm has earned the trust and respect of clients and colleagues who are familiar with our work. We have been recognized by peers and publications because our lawyers are:
- Experienced courtroom litigators — Relying on real-world trial experience gained in private practice, prosecution and the public defender’s office, our firm understands how particular judges handle cases and how to deliver a compelling argument.
- Knowledgeable criminal defense advocates — Attorney J. Scott Coalter is certified by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization for federal and state criminal defense. He has also been named to the North Carolina Super Lawyers list since 2012, a peer distinction given to less than five percent of attorneys in each state. Both he and attorney Aaron Wellman have served as president of the Greensboro Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. Both of us are committed to enhancing our knowledge and skills to provide high-level support to clients and stay abreast of changes to the law.
- Dedicated legal counselors — An accusation of misconduct can threaten your freedom and cause great turmoil in the lives of you and your loved ones. Even a minor incident such as a traffic violation could cost you money or limit your ability to travel. That is why we take the time to answer all of your questions and give you the confidence you need to tackle tough challenges.
Don’t wait to get the effective legal representation that could mean the difference between a successful resolution and an unjust outcome. We offer a free initial consultation to help you get started.
Areas of Practice
Skillful advocates seek justice for accused individuals
In Guilford County and other locations throughout the North Carolina Triad, our attorneys draw on more than three decades of combined experience to deliver exceptional criminal defense
counsel in matters involving:
- Drug crimes — If you’re accused of possession, trafficking or some other drug crime, we’ll focus on winning acquittal or pursuing alternatives to incarceration, such as treatment for substance abuse.
- Sex crimes — Our attorneys work diligently to counter unsupported charges and protect the rights of people accused of sex crimes.
- Violent crimes — When you face serious violent crime charges such as those for murder, manslaughter or assault, we provide the tenacious defense you deserve.
- Property crimes — We defend people charged in the theft of property or money, in allegations ranging from burglary to shoplifting.
- Drunk driving — Without warning, a driving while intoxicated conviction could lead to a license suspension, fine and jail time. Even if you’ve tested over the legal limit, we might be able to identify potential defenses to your DWI allegations.
- Traffic violations — Challenging an unwarranted traffic violation ticket successfully saves you from paying fines and increased insurance costs.
- Juvenile law — In juvenile law proceedings, attorney Aaron Wellman presses for an outcome that helps the accused young person address their misconduct and move forward positively. Our firm also handles expungement of youthful and adult criminal records.
- White collar crime — We have the experience and ability to help clients combat white collar crime allegations pertaining to fraud, embezzlement and online misconduct.
- Domestic violence — If you’ve been accused of domestic violence, our lawyers provide advocacy in related civil and criminal proceedings.
Though state and federal
authorities hold substantial power, we can spot the flaws in their cases and use our experience and reputation to your benefit.
Contact an accomplished North Carolina defense lawyer for a free consultation
Coalter Law, PLLC represents clients from Guilford County and other North Carolina locations in a full range of criminal defense matters. To arrange a free initial consultation, please call 336-645-9336 or contact us online
. Our office is located in Greensboro.